Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Ugly Truth - The Texas & National Economy

I read an post to the Dallas Federal Reserve and I think Richard Fishers has some interesting and points on Texas and national economy.

The last paragraph in the post I think is relevant and places a light where it should be, Congress, "I think I have made it pretty clear today that I believe what is restraining our economy is not monetary policy but fiscal misfeasance in Washington. We elect our national leaders to safeguard our country. An integral part of that consists of safeguarding the nation’s fiscal probity. Pointing fingers at the Fed only diminishes credibility―the ugly truth is that the problem lies not with monetary policy but in the need to construct a modern, appropriate set of fiscal and regulatory levers and pulleys to better incentivize the private sector to channel money into productive use in expanding our economy and enriching our people. Only Congress, working together with the president, has the power to write the rules and provide the incentives to correct the course of the great ship we know and love as America. I hope you, as the voters who put them in office, will demand no less of them."

I enjoyed reading the entire post. Brings perspective outside of columnists, politicians and pundits alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment